Scheduling of Athletic Events
- The scheduling of athletic events shall be minimally disruptive of academic pursuits. The responsibility for effecting this rests with the coaching staff and the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- The schedule of events shall comply with all University and athletic affiliate regulations.
- When a team qualifies for post seasonal play, University approval is required for participation.
- Prior to approval by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, athletic schedules will be reviewed by the Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Coaches will provide event schedules, including departure and return times, to appropriate faculty. Faculty should be notified immediately of changes in the athletic schedule.
- Regular season competition should not be scheduled during final exam periods.
Approved by Chancellor effective 7/18/97
This policy was issued on September 17, 1998, replacing the February 1, 1996 version.
Document Reference: 3F3
Origin: OP 4/9/84; OC 7/18/97