Textbook Service Advisory Committee
The Textbook Service Advisory Committee is established as a standing committee.
- The Committee shall be comprised of one faculty member appointed by the Deans of the Schools of Business, Engineering, Education, Nursing, and two faculty members appointed by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- One representative from the other units utilizing Textbook Service, such as Educational Outreach and Instructional Services, may be appointed by the appropriate director.
- Each Fall, the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs shall appoint three undergraduate students to serve on the committee. As student members rotate off the committee, the chair of the committee will request new student representatives from the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Terms of service for student members will be for one or two years.
- The Assistant Director for Textbook Service, Assistant Manager for Textbook Service (Store Supervisor), Director of Morris University Center, and the Morris University Center Business Manager will serve as ex-officio on the committee. Other ex-officio members may be requested to serve on the committee by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.
- Each faculty member's term will be for three years. The Director of Morris University Center will be responsible for notifying the deans of the faculty members' terms and requesting new faculty members from the appropriate dean.
- The Textbook Service Advisory Committee will be convened each fall by the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs or his/her designee.
- The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, or designee, has responsibility for maintaining a record for all meetings, the terms of office of the faculty and student members, and any actions or recommendations of the committee.
- When a majority of the voting members make recommendations for changing the policies or procedures for Textbook Service, such recommendations shall be forwarded to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for appropriate action.
Approved by Chancellor effective 4/28/08
This policy was issued on May 5, 2008, replacing the December 1, 1998 version.
Document Reference: 1P3
Origin: CC 7-87/88; OP 10/19/92; OC 9/13/96; OC 4/28/08