Termination of Academic Program - 1B2
- Recommendations that an instructional activity be deleted shall be made by the Provost, by a dean or director or, through such individuals, by an academic unit;
- The Faculty Senate shall be informed, in writing, of the justification for such a termination as follows:
- reasons for deleting the program;
- characteristics of the current clientele of the program;
- projections of clientele were the program to continue;
- methods planned to handle clients currently involved in the program;
- effect of the program termination on other programs in the institution; and
- effect (academic and fiscal) of the termination on other activities of the sponsoring unit;
- The Faculty Senate shall convey the information to the proper council(s); and
- The council(s) shall have six weeks from the time of receipt of the justification to question the termination. If no concerns are expressed or if the council(s) are in agreement, the unit will proceed to terminate the program or program component in accordance with other established policies and procedures of the University.
Approved by Chancellor effective 4/4/78
This policy was issued on February 1, 1996, replacing the December 10, 1990 version.
Document Reference: 1B2
Origin: CC 8-77/78; OP 11/5/90