Need for Private Support
Why invest in excellence in pharmacy education?
- Pharmacists play a vital role in improving patient care through the medications they dispense and information they provide.
- Scientific advances will make more drug products available.
- The increasing numbers of middle-aged and elderly patients—who use more prescription drugs than younger people—will continue to spur demand for pharmacists.
- Health insurance plans including Medicare are covering a greater number of life-improving prescription drugs, creating demand for more pharmacists.
- There is an unprecedented demand for pharmacists in a wide variety of occupational settings, our communities and institutions.
“Our mission has guided us through every aspect of creating this School: Planning and construction, building our reputation with both internal and external constituencies, and developing a truly innovative curriculum,” said Philip J. Medon, founding dean of the School.
“We are acknowledged as a leader in the field and an example of excellence in pharmacy education.”