Measures of Success
- The School of Pharmacy was granted candidate status by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) in June 2006 and looks forward to achieving full accreditation when our first class graduates in May 2009.
- Both ACPE and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy frequently cite the School as a model for established and new pharmacy education programs.
- The highly competitive program has attracted nearly
- 2,000 qualified applicants over the first four years, admitting 322 outstanding students into the pharmacy program.
- The School’s faculty members have obtained nearly
- $1 million in research grants from agencies such as the National Science Foundation, Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation and the American Foundation for Pharmacy Education.
- Faculty and students have achieved national prominence with awards and honors.
- Illinois Pharmacy Association’s Distinguished Young Pharmacists Award
- Academic Leadership Fellows for the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Four of 45 American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education Gateway to Research Scholarship Awards in four years
- Top ten placement at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2007 Clinical Skills Competition
- Two top ten finishes at the American Pharmacists Association Patient Counseling Competitions in the last three years, the only school to accomplish this prior to graduating its first class.