Links of Interest
- Search International and National patent Collections with PatentScope.
- The Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) is an international professional association which provides current news, training, and networking events in the tech transfer profession.
- The Licensing Executives Society International (LESI) is an association of 32 national and regional societies, each composed of men and women who have an interest in the transfer of technology, or licensing of intellectual property rights, from technical know how and patented inventions to software, copyright and trademarks.
- Yet2.com is a “marketplace for licensable technologies from all over the world.”
- iBridge is an online technology marketplace for research and innovation.
- The Patent & License Exchange is another clearinghouse for technologies.
- The Marcaria Network has posted a useful webpage that explains the formation of corporations and the benefits and challenges of being incorporated.
Law and Policy Related to Technology Transfer
- Kuester Law website. This Technology Law Resource is an award-winning comprehensive resource on patent, copyright, and trademark law.
- Federal Laws relating to patents, trademarks and copyrights
- The U.S. Copyright Office has extensive information and downloadable forms.
Patents and Patent Searching
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office database is now available for free searching.
- Source Translation Optimization (STO) provides patenting information: economics, legal analysis, statistics, court rulings, patent analysis tools and more.
- The Bayh-Dole Act (link to AUTM website information); link to Bayh-Dole law.