Research Equipment & Tools
The Deadline for this program has passed.
View the FY2012 Research Equipment and Tools Awardees.
The Graduate School is providing funds to assist with updating and furnishing research equipment and research tools.
AwardsThe Graduate School has a total of $125,000 available for the purchase of equipment and tools for research purposes only. Research tools are defined as non-consumable items, such as microfilm, books, software, and data sets. Requests for equipment or tools that can be used by more than one researcher are encouraged. Funds must be expended by June 30, 2012.
- All requests must be submitted with the Research Equipment and Tools Cover Form.
- Attach a one-page or less narrative statement describing the item, justifying your need for it, and a complete and current cost for the item.
- Attach a current copy of your CV (2 page maximum) that highlights accomplishments in research and creative activities that are relevant to this equipment.
- Include documentation of the cost from one or more potential vendors.
- Researchers must submit their requests to their deans by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 9.
- The deans will put into priority order the requests and forward them to the Graduate School by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 13.
All SIUE faculty on continuing, full-time appointments are eligible to apply for this funding. All SIUE staff on continuing, full-time appointments are also eligible. Equipment or tools that can be used by more than one researcher are encouraged. Funds must be expended by June 30, 2012.
Deans will determine the most pressing research equipment needs within their school/college with priority given to researchers who meet the following criteria. (This list reflects descending priorities.)
1. Faculty and staff holding active external grants.
2. Faculty and staff who have submitted an external grant within the last fiscal year.
3. Faculty who have been with SIUE less than three years.
4. Faculty and staff with active internal grants.
5. Faculty and staff whose research is hampered by lack of equipment and tools.
Terms and Conditions
AS A CONDITION OF THE AWARD, ALL SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT AN EXTERNAL GRANT PROPOSAL BY JULY 1, 2013.
2012 Equipment and Tools Cover Page