This program offers partial support for print and electronic publication costs as well as production costs for exhibits and performances that are related to faculty and staff members’ scholarly activity. It is expected that publication and production costs are written into the budgets of externally-sponsored projects when allowed by the sponsor.
N/A - Rolling
The following publication costs are eligible for support: page, reprint, and book subvention costs, including costs for color printing when necessary for content clarity.
The following production costs are eligible for support: booklets, subscription fees, travel, space rental, costume, and scenery costs.
Subject to the restrictions below, other costs may be considered with appropriate justification.
Support is subject to the following restrictions.
• The publisher, exhibit, or performance must be external to SIUE.
• The faculty or staff member is the corresponding author or primary performer or exhibitor.
• Editorial assistance, indexing, proofing, and translating costs are ineligible.
• Purchasing publications is ineligible.
• Advertising/marketing and personnel costs, including honorarium, for productions are ineligible.
Funding is available on a matching basis. The source of the matching funds can be but is not limited to the applicant’s SIUE academic unit, externally-sponsored projects, and personal sources. The Graduate School will provide up to 75% of the eligible publication or production cost.
Submit the following materials to the Graduate School, Internal Award Programs, Campus Box 1046.
1. Completed " Publication and Production Costs Application,"which includes proof of the required matching funds2. Proof of acceptance for publication by a recognized peer-reviewed journal or other recognized publisher or proof of acceptance for juried exhibition or performance
Provide a copy of the published book, booklet, program, or related material to Lovejoy Library if it is available. (Note that the program does not cover the cost of purchasing such materials.)
Applications will be evaluated based on the significance of and potential impact of the publication or production on SIUE’s intellectual climate and national or international visibility.