This program offers partial support for print and electronic publication costs as well as production costs for exhibits and performances that are related to faculty members' scholarly activity.
N/A - Rolling
All full-time continuing members of the faculty and administrative professional staff are eligible. There is no limit to the number of requests per fiscal year for those who have an external grant. Faculty and staff without external funding may receive funding once per fiscal year.
The following publication costs are eligible for support: page, reprint, and book subvention costs, including costs for color printing when necessary for content clarity.
The following production costs are eligible for support: booklets, subscription fees, travel, space rental, costume, and scenery costs.
Subject to the restrictions below, other costs may be considered with appropriate justification.
The support is subject to the following restrictions.
Funding is available on a matching basis with SIUE academic units. The Graduate School will provide up to 50% of the eligible publication or production cost.
Submit the following materials to the Graduate School, Internal Award Programs, Campus Box 1046.
1. Completed " Publication and Production Costs Application Form" and documents, which include proof of the required matching funds
2. Proof of acceptance for publication by a recognized peer-reviewed journal or other recognized publisher or proof of acceptance for juried exhibition or performance
3. Statement of how the proposed project relates to your scholarly activity (maximum 1 page)
4. Proof of the total publication or production cost that includes details of any ineligible expenses
5. Proof of how ineligible expenses will be covered
Provide a copy of the published book, booklet, program, or related material to Lovejoy Library.
Applications will be evaluated based on the significance of and potential impact of the publication or production on SIUE's intellectual climate and national or international visibility.