Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Award
Application Packet Checklist
The following items must be included in the Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Award Application Packet:
Return to Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Guidelines
- Cover Sheet
- Detailed introductory description, of three to five pages, documenting the research or creative activity and the teaching activities, along with relevant personal and professional information. The description should include a statement from applicant on the research or creative activity and how it is integrated into teaching activities, including mentoring. Discuss the degree of your involvement with students in their research or creative activity specialization or in general in the field.
- 3-page C.V. or a copy of your COS Expertise Profile. You may submit either a 3-page curriculum vitae or a link to your COS Expertise Profile. (COS Profiles are encouraged.) Please ensure that your Profile is up-to-date. Reviewers will use your completed COS Expertise Profile instead of a traditional curriculum vitae. If you need assistance completing or updating your Profile, please contact Patience Graybill Condellone or Susan Morgan.
- Letter of Support from Chair of department or other faculty member of department.
- Appendices, which may include:
- Letters of Support from, for example-
- graduate students who have gone on in the field discussing how they were influenced by the nominee,
- institutional peers who could discuss the above item(s) and/or
- current or recent students who could discuss teaching or mentoring activities, especially those that involve the integration of the nominee's research or creative activity.
- Samples of student projects, exhibits, concerts, etc.
- Abstracts of pivotal papers or presentations.
- Abstracts of important papers or presentations co-authored with students.
- Listing of student committees (thesis committees, for example) chaired or served on.
- Sample of teaching activities/teaching plan that incorporates research or creative activity.