Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Award
Application Packet Checklist
The following items must be included in the Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Award Application Packet:
- Cover Sheet Form
- Detailed introductory statement, of three to five pages, documenting the research or creative activity and the teaching activities, along with relevant personal and professional information. The description should include a statement from applicant on the research or creative activity and how it is integrated into teaching activities, including student and, if appropriate, faculty mentoring. Discuss the degree of your involvement with students in their research or creative activity specialization or in general in the field.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of Support from Chair of department or other appropriate faculty member.
- Appendices, which may include
- Letters of Support from, for example-
- students who have gone on in the field discussing how they were influenced by the nominee,
- institutional peers who could discuss the above item(s) and/or
- current or recent students who could discuss teaching or mentoring activities, especially those that involve the integration of the nominee's research or creative activity.
- Samples of student projects, exhibits, concerts, etc.
- Abstracts of pivotal papers or presentations.
- Abstracts of important papers or presentations co-authored with students.
- Listing of student committees (thesis committees, for example) chaired or served on.
- Sample of teaching activities/teaching plan that incorporates research or creative activity
Return to Paul Simon Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Guidelines