Find Funding Opportunities by Discipline
Federal Agency News
ARRA Reporting Deadlines
Bulletin Board: Changes in Federal Regulations or Agency Guidelines
- NSF: New guidances regarding Data Management Plans. Related information may be found at NIH Data-Sharing Policy
- See SIUE's Website on Responsible Conduct in Research mentoring for new requirements related to the mentoring of students working on sponsored research projects.
- NIH Application Format in effect as of January 25, 2010
- NSF: Grant Proposal Guide and Policies and Procedures Guide:
- New Requirement for all NSF Proposals: Data Management Plan. The new GPG contains a clarification of the NSF's long-standing data policy. Proposals must now include a 2-page plan for data management and sharing of research in the Supplementary Documents section. More information is available in Chapter II.C.2.j.
- Voluntary cost sharing no longer allowed. Chapter II.C.2.g (xi) has been revised to implement new regulations prohibiting the voluntary commitment of cost share. Applicants are reminded, however, of the awardee's responsibility to continue to track faculty effort. The guidance goes on to state that institutional support for the project may be reflected in the Facilities, Equipment and other Resources section of the project, where applicants may outline the resources provided by the institution that are necessary to complete the project. More details may be found at: http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/policydocs/pappguide/nsf11001/gpg_2.jsp .