1. Follow agency guidelines to find the application deadline date. Check if this date is a postmark or electronic submission receipt date.
2. Make sure your proposal and budget match the agency guidelines. For help with proposal and budget development, please contact Teri Gulledge or Patience Graybill as early as possible in the development process.
3. Obtain a “Grant/Contract Routing Form."
4. Negotiate budget items, such as released time or matching funds, with your department chairperson and/or dean before obtaining their signatures on the “Grant/Contract Routing Form.”
5. Complete the “Grant/Contract Routing Form.” Be sure to obtain the signatures of your chairperson and dean.
6. Once you have these signatures, please submit the full proposal, a copy of the program guidelines, and the “Grant/Contract Routing Form” to Tammy Smart in ORP AT LEAST FIVE (5) DAYS BEFORE THE AGENCY DEADLINE DATE. The proposal will be checked for compliances, budget correctness, and signatures. The proposal will be copied and mailed or electronically submitted by ORP staff.
Please contact Teri or Patience early when submitting an electronic submission to agencies such as the National Science Foundation (NSF) or to the Grants.gov portal. Make sure to give ORP the correct mailing address/electronic submission information as well as the guidelines.
Download these instructions.
For finding funding sources: Teri Gulledge, ext. 3114 or Patience Graybill, ext. 5618
For budget questions: Teri Gulledge, Patience Graybill, or Jo Barnes
For a review of draft of proposal narrative: Patience Graybill or Teri Gulledge
For human subject, animal care, or other compliance questions: Linda Skelton, ext. 2958
For assistance with the “Grant/Contract Routing Form”: Teri Gulledge or Tammy Smart, x5364