• Admission to the University (requires submission of a university application and $30 fee)
• Completed nursing application on file in the School of Nursing by the March 1 deadline. This deadline is firm. Click here for application.
• Successful completion of the required admission prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better by the end of the fall semester (preceding the spring admission evaluation). See below.
• A minimum PREREQUISITE grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
• A minimum cumulative grade point average (includes transfer credits) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
• Completion of the HESI A2 exam by the March 1 deadline. Reserve an exam date early at the SIUE/SIUC Testing Services. Click here for HESI exam sheet.
Admission Prerequisite Requirements - to be completed by the end of the fall semester (preceding the spring admission evaluation):
ENG 101; SPC 103 (or another prerequisite); CHEM 120a/124a (or CHEM 120n/124n); PSYC 111 (or another Intro Social Science*); and BIOL 140. BIOL 140 is SIUE's prerequisite course for BIOL 240a and BIOL250 which are taken in the spring semester. If you attended another college and have completed equivalent courses for BOTH BIOL 240a and BIOL 250, then you can use one of these courses (in lieu of BIOL 140) for the fall Biology prerequisite requirement.
Remaining Prerequisite Requirements - To be completed by the end of the spring semester (preceding the fall admission term):
ENG 102; CHEM 120b/124b (if CHEM 120a/124a was taken); Intro Social Science* (if PSYC 111 was taken in fall); Bacteriology (BIOL 250); Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 240a).
* Anthropology 111b, Anthropology 170b, Criminal Justice 111, Economics 111, Geography 111, History 111a or b, Political Science 111, or Sociology 111.
A grade of C or better must be earned in all prerequisite courses. A prerequisite course may not be repeated more than once. All science courses must be completed within seven years of admission to the program.
Applicants will be prioritized on a point value system which reflects completion of the required admission prerequisite courses and any repeats of those required prerequisite courses. For additional information on admission and prerequisite requirements, please visit the School of Nursing website or contact an academic advisor.
• Completion of 125 credit hours
• Successful completion of School of Nursing Curriculum requirements
• Overall GPA of 2.5
• Successful completion of Senior Assignment.
The deadline date for application is March 1 for fall admission.
Other Nursing Programs at SIUE
Undergraduate: B.S. Nursing, B.S. Nursing(RN), Accelerated B.S. Nursing
Graduate: Master's degrees and Post-Master's Certificates are awarded in the specializations of Health Care and Nursing Administration, Nurse Anesthesia, Nurse Educator, and Family Nurse Practitioner.
Academic Advising Information
Undergraduate Academic Adviser
Campus Box 1066, Alumni Hall, Room 2117
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1066
School of Nursing, Alumni Hall, room 2117
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville IL 62026-1066