How to Apply
Nursing applications are accepted September 15 - March 1. Applications are available from the School of Nursing website (siue.edu/nursing), from the School of Nursing in Alumni Hall, room 2117, or by calling (618) 650‑3956.
- Admission to the University (requires submission of a University application and $30 fee) Pre-nursing students at SIUC should contact the regional program nursing advisor for details.
- Completed nursing application on file in the School of Nursing by the March 1 deadline. This deadline is firm.
- Successful completion of the required admission prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better by the end of the fall semester (preceding the spring admission evaluation).
- A minimum PREREQUISITE grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (includes transfer credits) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of the HESI A2 exam by the March 1 deadline. Reserve an exam date early at the SIUE/SIU Carbondale Testing Services.
Applicants will be prioritized on a point value system which reflects completion of the required admission prerequisite courses and any repeats of those required prerequisite courses.
For the most current information on admission and prerequisite requirements, please visit the School of Nursing website or contact an academic advisor.
The deadline date for application is March 1 for fall admission.
- Overall GPA of 2.5
- Completion of 125 credit hours
- Successful completion of School of Nursing curriculum requirements
- Successful completion of Senior Assignment