Acceptance is on a rolling basis through April 1 or until the option is full. (40 students in Edwardsville; 8 students in Springfield).
Prerequisite Requirements - Accelerated Option – to be completed before enrollment in Nursing
• Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab)
• Anatomy and Physiology II(with lab)
• Inorganic, Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (with labs)
• Microbiology/Bacteriology (with lab)
• Introduction to Psychology
• Human Growth and Development (Life Span)
• English Composition
All science courses must be completed within seven years of admission to the program. A grade of C or better must be earned in all prerequisite courses.
* Please note that the prerequisites do not have to be completed in order to apply to the program. They must be completed in order to begin the nursing courses if you are admitted to the program.
The deadline date for application is April 1 for fall admission. However, the program may be full prior to this date.
Advance Deposit Fee
Admitted students will be required to pay a non-refundable $175 Advance Deposit fee which will be applied to the student's tuition billing for fall enrollment. If the student does not attend, the fee is forfeited.
For additional information on admission and prerequisite requirements, please contact an academic advisor.
* Do not submit the above materials until you are directed to do so.
Academic Advising Information
Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Campus Box 1066, Alumni Hall, Room 2117
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1066
School of Nursing, Alumni Hall, room 2117
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville IL 62026-1066