Measures of Success
With limited resources, the School of nursing has achieved tremendous success in educating a growing number of students, attracting high-caliber faculty, obtaining increased research funding and developing responsive programs to meet the emerging educational needs of the region.
- Along with the increase in student enrollment, the number of full- and part-time faculty has grown from 32 to 65 during the past five years. In 2003, 19 faculty members had doctoral degrees; that number increased to 30 in 2008.
- Nearly 70 percent of our graduates practice in Illinois after graduation, helping to address the regional shortage of skilled nurses.
- Graduates students consistently score highly on specialty certification examinations.
- Our students participate in clinical experiences at more than 800 healthcare agencies spanning Central and Southern Illinois and St. Louis.
- Faculty members are recognized at the state and national level for research.