Mission and Goals of the SIUE School of Nursing
We inspire our students and faculty to embody the creativity to teach, the curiosity to learn, the courage to serve, and the compassion to care for others in this diverse and complex world, forever exemplifying nursing excellence in action!
- SIUE School of Nursing, as a premier School of Nursing, will be recognized nationally for excellence of its programs and development of professional nurses and community health care leaders. The SIUE School of Nursing recognizes the role of public education as the cornerstone of a democracy and carries out its mission based on university values of citizenship, excellence, integrity, openness and wisdom.
- The SIUE School of Nursing will grow as a community of nursing scholars, practitioners, and life-long learners, recognized for their excellence and creativity in teaching, service, and practice.
- The SIUE School of Nursing will have a climate that promotes diversity in a complex world and will continue to work towards diversity of faculty and students.
- The SIUE School of Nursing will support an evolving system of communication that effectively receives and disseminates information within the School of Nursing and to its constituents.
- The SIUE School of Nursing programs will address the current and future context of healthcare and nursing education. Student curiosity is encouraged, compassion is fostered, and service is expected.
- The SIUE School of Nursing, in order to better achieve its fiscal goals, will encourage, promote, and report donations and financial support from diverse sources, through annual, major, planned, and capital giving.