1st / 2nd /
Books with the call numbers A - K are located on the second floor. The subject designations for the specific call numbers are:
A - General Works
B - Philosophy, Psychology, and Religion
C - History and Auxiliary Sciences
D - History (except America)
E - F - History and Geography of the Americas
G - Geography and Anthropology
H - Social Science
J - Political Science
K - Law
- Collection of children's literature including numerous Caldecott and Newberry award winners. This collection is primarily intended for use by readers in grades K-8.
Current and Bound Journals
- Journals are arranged alphabetically by title regardless of subject or discipline.
- Current journal issues are kept in red binders. Older issues of journals are bound together by volume and/or date.
- To determine the holdings information for a particular title, consult the Library's
- A large number of pre-1980 journals are housed in the Library's remote storage facility. Click here for information on how to request journals from storage.
- Review the
Locating Journals research guide to determine how to locate a journal in a particular format.
- This collection of educational materials includes curriculum kits and textbooks. These resources are intended to aid teachers of elementary and middle school level students.
- The librarians whose offices are located on the second floor are:
Paul Anthony, Business and Engineering Librarian (
Linda Carlisle, Social Sciences Librarian (
- Approximately 150,000 maps, aerial photographs, atlases, and gazetteers.
- Map types in the collection include relief, topographic, demographic, and several others.
- Maps are both international and national in scope.
here for a map of the Map Collection area.
- Past issues of newspapers, journals, books, and other research materials are stored on microfiche, microfilm, and microcards and housed in self-service cabinets.
here for information about scanning and printing/saving/emailing documents from microfiche and microfilm.
- To determine the holdings and format information for a particular title, please consult the Library's
- Government Document CDs, GIS software, and a sizable collection of state and federal government document microfiche are also available.
- Custom photocopying is available for all print items and microformats at the cost of $.15 per page.
- Sizable collection of SIUE master's theses and doctoral dissertations.
- Selected duplicate copies of theses and dissertations are stored on microfiche in the Microforms Unit.