A Legislative Publication
- U.S. Congress. House. Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs. Subcommittee on Energy and the Environment.
International Proliferation of Nuclear Technology. Report prepared by Warren H. Donnelley and Barbara Rather. 94th Cong., 2d sess., 1976. Committee Print 15.
A House of Representatives Resolution
- U.S. Congress. House.
A Bill to Require Passenger-Carrying Motor Vehicles Purchased for Use by the Federal Government to Meet Certain Safety Standards. 86th Cong., 1st sess., 1959. H.R. 1341.
A Senate Document
- U.S. Congress.
Declarations of a State of War with Japan, Germany, and Italy. 77th Cong., 1st sess., 1941. S. Doc. 148. Serial 10575.
- U.S. Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign Relations.
Famine in Africa: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations. 99th Cong., 1st sess., 17 January 1985.
A Bill or Resolution
- U.S. Congress. House.
Food Security Act of 1985. 99th Cong., 1st sess., H.R. 2100.
Congressional Record. 131, no. 132, daily ed. (8 October 1985) : H8353-H8486.
- U.S. Congress. Senate. Senator Kennedy of Massachusetts speaking for the Joint Resolution on Nuclear Weapons Freeze and Reductions to the Committee on Foreign Relations. S.J. Res. 163. 97th Cong., 1st sess.
Congressional Record 128, pt. 3 (10 March 1982).
A Publication of a Government Commission
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Annual Report of the Securities and Exchange Commission for the Fiscal Year. Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1983.
An Executive Department Document
- U.S. Department ofLabor. Employment Standards Administration. 1984.
Resource book: Training for federal employee compensation specialists. Washington, D.C.
- U.S. Department of State. "Nuclear Weapons Test Ban," 5 August 1963. TIAS no. 5433.
United States Treaties and Other International Agreements, vol. 14, pt. 2.
IIf your source does not appear in this guide or for further information or examples, consult
A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (Call Number: Ref LB2369 .T8 1996 ) available in the Ready Reference Collection at the Information Desk or in the Reference Collection. You can also refer to the Instruction Office's
list of resources; we specifically recommend
Ohio State University's Turbaian Citation Guide and
Gallaudet University's Guidelines page. You can also contact the SIUE