How Do I Locate Print and Microform Journals Using The SIUE Catalog?
How do I determine if a journal is available in print, microfilm, or microfiche?
- Use The SIUE Catalog.
- Enter complete title of journal (excluding a, an, and the at the beginning) in the "Search" field.
- Select "Journal/Magazine Title" from the "within" field.
- Click the "Search" button to view the results.
- If the Library owns the journal, determine the holdings, format, and location.
After I’ve checked the online catalog, how do I locate the actual journal?
- Instructions are available for locating print, microfilm, and microfiche journals.
What if the journal is not available in this format?
- If the Library does not own the journal in print, microfiche, or microfilm, check SFX to see if it is available in an electronic format.
- If the Library does not own the journal in any format, use ILLiad to request the specific article through Interlibrary Loan (may take up to three weeks to receive material).
For additional information on this topic, consult the extended research guide.