How Do I Perform a Subject Search in the SIUE Catalog?
Subject searches are more precise than an author, title, or keyword search.
- After clicking on the SIUE Catalog link, select the "Subject" tab.
- Enter a Library of Congress Subject Heading. Some examples include: "Brazil--Economic conditions," "Multicultural education--United States," and "Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 Criticism and interpretation." If the subject heading is not known, perform a keyword search first to determine the subject heading.
- From the "within" drop menu, choose "Subject."
- Click the "Search" button.
- View the results.
- Click on the appropriate subject heading to view other items classified under that description.