How Do I Perform a Keyword (Any Word Anywhere) Search in The SIUE Catalog?
Any Word Anywhere search allows you to search for a word or words that appear somewhere in the catalog record. This type of search is not as precise as a subject, title or author search but may be a good way to begin the searching process.
- In the "Search" box, type the
s) that describe your subject.
- Do not use "or," "and," or "not" between terms.
- Omit initial articles ("a," "an," or "the).
- Click the "Search" button to view your results.
- The list of titles will be ranked by relevancy. This type of searches looks for any of your keywords in any field of these catalog records and ranks the records according to the prevalence and relevance of your search terms. This search is useful as a starting point to determine the valid subject headings.