Non-SIUE Group Guidelines
The following guidelines are intended to ensure that students are able to visit Lovejoy Library at scheduled times. Additional information is also available on librarian and teacher responsibilities.
- Students must be prepared and have some awareness of basic library and research skills
- Students and teachers are encouraged to use their school and public library and be aware of its resources
- Library Seminars will be conducted
- Individual classes or groups will be accommodated on Fridays. Small groups may be accommodated at other times of the year at the discretion of the Instruction Librarian.
- A maximum of 25 students can be accommodated at a single session. The Library cannot accommodate more than 40 students for multiple sessions.
- A copy of the assignment should be submitted to the Instruction Office two weeks prior to the class visit to allow time to verify relevant resources.
- The teacher and/or librarian must remain with the class at all times. They are expected to take an active role in teaching and helping their students
- Scheduling a visit to Lovejoy Library is preferred through the school librarian but may be arranged by the teacher.
Conduct of Instruction Participants
Instruction participants are expected to be punctual and to behave in a manner suitable both in the library and to an instruction session. Classroom faculty are responsible for the conduct of their students and are requested to accompany their class to facilitate the effectiveness of the session.