RefWorks is web-based bibliographic software package that enables you to:
Organize your research
Build a bibliography in a variety of formats
Import references from many data sources
Create bibliographies in different document formats (Word, RTF, HTML, etc.)
Create a RefWorks account by logging onto RefWorks through the library website and clicking Help -- Research Help -- RefWorks -- Sign up for an individual account.
1. Conduct a search in Academic Search Complete using keywords relevant to your research project.
2. At the search results page, click Add next to the records to export.
3. Once you have added all of the records you want to export, click Folder has items.
4. Select the records to export.
5. Click Export.
6. Select Direct Export to RefWorks and click Save.
7. When prompted to log into RefWorks do so using your login name and password.
8. Once you have logged into RefWorks your references will automatically be imported from Academic Search Complete.
9. You can view your references by clicking View last imported folder.
Organize your references in RefWorks by creating folders.
To create a bibliography, click the bibliography tab from any screen within RefWorks.
Select Format a bibliography from a list of references.
Select the citation style you want the bibliography created in.
RefWorks allows users to create bibliographies in different file types such as HTML, Word for Windows or Word for Mac. Select the appropriate file type for your bibliography.
You have the option to include ALL of the references in your RefWorks database or references from a specific folder.
Select either All References or References from Folder and then select the appropriate folder.
Click Create Bibliography.
Save the bibliography to the appropriate location.
For additional assistance contact Lydia Jackson, Instruction Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-650-2604) or the Information Desk (618-650-INFO).