Measures of Success
Over the past 50 years, Lovejoy Library has achieved tremendous success in acquiring unique and relevant collections, providing expert faculty and staff to assist users and evaluating and meeting the needs of its constituents.
- Lovejoy Library houses unique archival and special collections with local, national and international significance, like:
- The KMOX Sheet Music Digital Collection
- The New York Times Historical Database
- More than 110 highly-trained faculty and staff assist users and generate access to the most useful information possible. More than 450 information literacy and library instruction programs are conducted each year to improve the resourcefulness and research skills of users.
- As a result of continuing quality improvement, the Library has seen a dramatic increase in use. Over the past three years, the number of users who come to the Library has increased by more than 100,000, and the annual count is approaching 400,000.