Creating an Account in the UFind Catalog
Creating an account allows you to take advantage of all features of the UFind catalog. Once the account has been established, you will not need to use your Cougar ID number to access your account. Use your personalized username and password to login to your account.
Several features are available once your account is created. These include:
Favorites is a list of books that you have selected from the library's UFind catalog and saved for easy reference. The
Checked Out Items category allows you to preview items currently checked out from Lovejoy Library and all other I-Share libraries. You may also
renew any of these items from this screen. Select the box(es) next to the item(s) you want to renew. Click on "Renew Selected Items" at the bottom of the page.
Follow the appropriate step(s) on this page to create or manage your account!
Books,Media and More.
SIUe Lovejoy Library UFind Catalog.
Create New Account.
- Complete the Basic Information section:
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your last name.
- Include an email address where a new password can be sent. This does not have to be your SIUE account. Updating the email address in your UFind account does
not update it in the library's official record for you. "Item available" and "item overdue" notices will be emailed to the address in the library's official record. To update information in the library's official record contact Access Services.
- Enter your desired password.
- If you need to be reminded of your UFind username and have your UFind password reset, click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link on the UFind login page, then enter the email address that you used when you created your UFind account originally. UFind will send you an email containing your username, a generated password, and additional instructions.
- If you do not receive the reset-password email (for instance, if you no longer have access to the email account you entered in your UFind account), you can simply create a new UFind login (you will be able to see the status of everything in your library account, but not any tags or favorites associated with your previous UFind login).
- Complete the Library Profile Information:
- For the Borrower ID (highlighted by the red arrow), use the entire number on your
Cougar ID Card, with no spaces. For example, the number begins with 21811 + the 9 digit ID number following this prefix.
- Enter your last name.
- Select SIUE for the I-Share Library affiliation.
- Click Submit.
- Click on "Login" at the top right-hand of the screen to manage your account, add to favorites, provide comments, or add tags.
must login to your user account using your created username and password.