Digital Rights and Permissions
- Lovejoy Library's images accessed on its Digital Collections and Exhibits page may be printed or downloaded by individuals, schools or libraries for personal use, study, research or classroom teaching without permission under the terms of "fair use" as defined by copyright law, United States Code, Title 17, Section 107. For a test of fair use see " Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials".
- Permission to reproduce these images in any other form or any other use other than "fair use" must be obtained in writing from Lovejoy Library, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. This includes but is not limited to: electronic or paper publishing, World Wide Web sites, film, DVD, CD, video, exhibits, interior design, product presentation or advertising.
- All uses of reproductions must cite and attribute the image in the following format : image id #, image title; collection name; Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and URL of the collection.
- Lovejoy Library (SIUE) reserves the right to refuse an application if it is apparent that the proposed use would violate copyright law or compromise the authenticity of the material as an historical document.
- Applicants must assume full responsibility for questions of potential copyright violation in their use of digital images. While copyright of electronic format, metadata and descriptive material for the digital collections and exhibits created by the Lovejoy Library is retained by Southern Illinois University, copyright for images in Lovejoy Library's Digital Collections and Exhibits may be owned by other individuals, publishers, or institutions.
- Information on copyright is available at the Copyright Information Center at Cornell University, Library of Congress, or Stanford University websites.
- Permission to Publish form