|Institution||Degree||Year||Field of Study|
|University of Missouri-Columbia||B.J.||1972||Journalism|
|St. Louis University||M.A.||1975||Urban Affairs|
|St. Louis University||Ph.D.||1987||Public Policy Analysis and Administration|
Director, Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 2003-present
Interim Executive Director, Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-
St. Louis , 2002
Director of Research, Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-
St. Louis , 2000-present
Senior Research Analyst, Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-
St. Louis , 1990-2000
Acting Director, Public Policy Research Center, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 1992, 1994, 1999
Director of Development, Economic Council of St. Louis County 1988-1990
Assistant Director of Development, Economic Council of St. Louis County, 1985-1988
Manager of Neighborhood Preservation, Normandy Municipal Council, 1983-1985
Community Planner, Normandy Municipal Council, 1978-1983
Director of Parks and Recreation, City of Bellefontaine Neighbors, 1974-1978
Caseworker, Missouri Division of Family Services, 1973-1974
· St. Louis County , principal investigator, $109,000: fair housing impediments analysis for St.. Louis County, St. Louis City, cities of Florissant, St. Charles, and St. Peters.
· Regional Business Council, principal investigator, $6,000: survey of Council membership on philanthropy attitudes and practices.
· St. Louis Housing Authority HOPE VI, project manager, $11,000: evaluation of contract for administration of Family Development Plans.
· Regional Center for Education and Work, project manager, $80,000: evaluation of goals and strategies pursued through Department of Labor workforce development grant.
· Jefferson County Community Partnership, principal investigator, $22,000: examination of 15 agency programs and preparation of measurement models for each.
· Civic Progress, project manager, $50,000: conduct study of and develop action plan to improve metropolitan St. Louis business climate.
· St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association, co-investigator, $16,000: conduct study of net fiscal flow between metropolitan St. Louis and the Missouri Department of Transportation.
· National Center for the Revitalization of Central Cities, co-investigator, $23,000: conduct case study of impact of metropolitan St. Louis growth pattern on support of central policy and program initiatives.
· Missouri Department of Transportation, principal investigator, $22,000: evaluation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program.
· Greater St. Louis Empowerment Zone, principal investigator, $60,000: qualitative and quantitative evaluation of the Empowerment Zone's strategic plan, amendments to the strategic plan, governance practices, structure, and regional collaboration.
· Gateway Greening, principal investigator, $38,000: evaluation of the impact of community gardens on physical, social, and economic conditions in their immediate neighborhood.
· US Environmental Protection Agency, principal investigator, $300,000: Community/University Environmental Justice grant. Work in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, and East St. Louis, Illinois to increase neighborhood resident's and leader's awareness of environmental law and their specific environmental circumstances.
Plymouth Industrial Park : supervised preparation of demolition plan to clear site for development of industrial park. Managed plan review process through USEPA and MODNR.
St. Louis County port-related industrial park: supervised site development to convert former manufacturing site to an industrial park with port facilities.
St. Louis County Enterprise Center : developed and managed incubator program for start-up businesses. Secured initial funding for program, selected initial site for program, supervised renovation of facility, established tenant selection procedures, developed program of business services for tenants, marketed program, hired and trained staff.
Community Development Block Grant: provided grant writing, grant administration, and project implementation services for 20 municipalities in Normandy area.
Growth and Renewal: The Challenge of Metropolitan Development , 1998, cosponsored by University of Missouri-St. Louis, East-West Gateway Coordinating Council, and Sustainable St. Louis, chairman
Community Development Society, 1998, paper
Community Development Society, 1999, paper
Urban Affairs Association, 2001, colloquy
Measuring St. Louis: Indicators for Sustainable Communities , 2001, cosponsored by University of Missouri Outreach and Extension and Sustainable St. Louis, program committee
Urban Affairs Association, 2002, colloquy
Creating Livable Communities: Linking Research, Policy and Practice , University of Missouri-St. Louis May 2002, symposium research presentation
Sustainable Community Development Research Conference , Federal Reserve System, March 2003, paper presentation