Fall Formal Recruitment 2016
Thanks for your interest in learning more about the four (4) National Panhellenic Council (NPC) chapters at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. If you have additional questions about sorority recruitment, please e-mail us at: email@example.com
- On-line - registration will open on May 1st, 2016. You can register on-line at any time before Tuesday, August 23rd at 4:00pm. The cost to register from August 1st - 23rd is $45. You can use a credit card to sign-up on-line. Registration is now open! CLICK HERE to register for Fall 2016 Formal Recruitment.
- Find a Friend - you and a friend can sign-up for recruitment together and save! The discounted rater for you and a friend is $30 each or $60 total. You and a friend must each print out the "Find a Friend" form and both complete your forms. You will mail them together, along with your check for $60 to:
- SIUE PHC Recruitment
- c/o Find a Friend Application
- Campus Box 1168
- Edwardsville, IL 62026-1168
All Panhellenic Recruitment registrations are final. We are unable to offer refunds! Registration will close on Tuesday, August 23rd at 4:00pm. No exceptions!
What happens at a recruitment event?
A recruitment event is the time set aside for prospective new members (PNMs) to learn more about individual chapters and for chapter members to learn more about PNMs.
- Wednesday, August 24th, 2016: Potential New Member (that's you!) Orientation
- You will have the opportunity to meet all of the Recruitment Counselors, while also learning about the formal recruitment process and what you can expect.
- Thursday, August 25th, 2016: Open House/Sisterhood Round
- Take a glimpse into ALL of our sororities sisterhoods. Our sisterhood and vlaues is what makes us who we are and you get the special opportunity to get a glimpse of what that is like.
- Friday, August 26th, 2016: Philanthropy Round
- Each of our 4 sororities has at least one philanthropy that is the foundation for which we build our sisterhood. Our philanthropies are incredibly important to us and we are so excited to share these amazing organizations with you.
- Saturday, August 27th, 2016: Preference Round
- Take a glimpse into our rituals. This is the most formal and serious night for you because we are taking the time to show you part of a ritual that has been done by all of our sisters. Be prepared to listen and to truly experience what sisterhood means.
- Sunday, August 28th, 2016: BID DAY!
- WE LOVE BID DAY, because not only do we gain new sisters, but you gain a sisterhood!
Remember: Chapter members are just as nervous about meeting new people and making a good impression as you are! They are concentrating on portraying a favorable image of their chapter as much as you are concerned about positively representing yourself. Most women are meeting you for the first time, and will need to ask the same "get to know you" questions. Don't be shy. The more you get to know the chapters, and vice versa, the easier it will be to select the chapter that is right for you.
CLICK HERE for General Tips and Rules for Recruitment at SIUE
CLICK HERE for ideas of What to Wear During Sorority Recruitment
CLICK HERE for a Prospective New Member Schedule for Sorority Recruitment
CLICK HERE to download the NPC Violation Form
Kimmel Contact Information
Morris University Center
Campus Box 1168
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1168
Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Phone: (618) 650‑2686
Fax: (618) 650‑3517