Follow these instructions to connect most computers to the SIUE-WPA Secure Wireless Network. Before proceeding ensure that you have the latest Service Packs and Windows updates installed and that your wireless adapter has the latest drivers. Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site.
1. Click Start, then click Control Panel, then click Network and Sharing Center. If a wireless network is available click Connect to a network.
2. Select Add a network that is in range of this computer to search available wireless networks.
3. In capital letters, type SIUE-WPA in the Network name area. Select WPA2-Enterprise for Security type and AES for Encryption type. Click Next.
4. A confirmation screen will indicate that the network SIUE-WPA has been added. Click Connect to ... to continue.
5. On the Security tab, select Protected EAP (PEAP) from the drop-down menu in the Choose a network authentication method area. Click Settings ... to continue.
6. Ensure that Validate server certificate is selected. In the drop-down menu, select oitca. In the Select Authentication Method section select Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) from the drop-down menu.
7. Click the Configure... button. Deselect the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password option. Click OK to close all open windows.
8. A balloon confirming your connection will appear in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. Double-click on this balloon and select SIUE-WPA from the list of available networks that appear on the next page. Click Connect.
9. Enter your e-ID and e-ID password in the User Name and Password areas. Enter CAMPUS in the Logon domain line and click OK.
10. You should now be connected to the SIUE-WPA Secure Wireless network.