SIUE-WPA Connection Instructions for iPhone/iPod TouchNOTE: These instructions only cover manual configuration for iPhone and iPod Touch devices that are running the version 2.0 software from Apple. Please contact Apple to upgrade you device to the latest software. If you do not have the 2.0 software please see these instructions to connect to the SIUE-WIFI wireless network.
1. Click the Home button on your iPhone/iPod Touch to return to the Home screen.
2. From the Home screen click on the Settings Icon to get to the Settings screen.
3. From the Settings screen click on the Wi-Fi icon to get to the Wi-Fi Networks screen. You should see the SIUE-WIFI and the SIUE-WPA networks listed on this screen under Choose a Network...
4. Select the SIUE-WPA network to continue to the Enter Password Screen. Enter your eID for the Username and your eID Password for the Password. Then click Join to continue.
5. If presented click Accept to accept the Certificate that is provided when joining the SIUE-WPA network.
6. You should now be connected to the SIUE-WPA network and will see the screen below. Verify that there is a checkmark next to the SIUE-WPA network. Then click the Settings button in the upper left corner of the Wi-Fi Networks screen.
7. This will return you to the main Settings Screen and should list the SIUE-WPA network next to the Wi-Fi icon.
8. You have now configured your iPhone/iPod Touch to connect to the SIUE-WPA network. Enjoy the benefits of securely using the SIUE-WPA Wi-Fi network at SIUE. Click the Home button to return to the Home Screen.