Source Educational Evaluation Rubric (SEER)
The Source Educational Evaluation Rubric (SEER) is a new interactive tool from Turnitin that helps students evaluate the quality of their Internet resources.
The rubric is built on five criteria:
- Authority: Is the site well-regarded, cited, and written by experts in the field?
- Educational Value: Does the site content help advance educational goals?
- Intent: Is the site a well-respected source of content intended to inform users?
- Originality: Is the site a source of original content and viewpoints?
- Quality: Is the site highly vetted with good coverage of the topical area? 1
Download the SEER Rubric.
If the interactivity does not work with your browser, save the PDF file to your desk top and open it from your computer.
1. From " What's Wrong with Wikipedia? Evaluating the Sources Used by Students" Download the White Paper for more information and recommended usage of the SEER rubric.