1. Insert your Xbox Live DVD in the drive. The software will automatically run and update the Xbox dashboard to show the Xbox Live option. Once this is complete, eject the CD and make sure you have your network cable plugged into your Xbox and in the network port. Open the Settings menu.
2. From Settings, go to Network Settings.
3. Within the Network Settings Menu, go to IP Addresses.
4. Once in the IP Addresses Menu, be sure the configuration is set to Automatic.
5. Press B and go back to the Network Settings menu, then go to DNS Servers.
6. Once in the DNS Servers Menu, be sure the configuration is set to Automatic.
7. Press B and go back to the Network Settings menu, there you will then see the MAC address in the lower right hand part of the screen. Write this MAC address down somewhere.
Once your registration has been approved (within one to three business days), go back into the Xbox Live menu and then into Network Settings.
1. Scroll down and open the Connect menu.
2. This will open a diagnostic menu pictured below that verifies that a connection can be made to the Xbox Live service.
3. You should now have access. To test the configuration, load an Xbox Live enabled game. For more help with Xbox Live visit the official web site at XBOX.com.