Using a SMART LCDSome spaces on campus offer a larger SMART LCD. These are controlled mostly the same as the SMART podiums in the classrooms, but have some additional features.
- The LCD has a multi-touch display that allows two users to write on the screen simultaneously. The screen also allows the user to manipulate the content on the content on the screen with their hands (e.g. click on links, use the start button, open and use programs).
- The power and volume can both be controlled from the remote or the panel located on the left side of the display.
- Inputs for audio, video, and USB.
- The pens and eraser sit neatly in the bezel of the display. Changing the color of the ink can be done using this control panel or the software on the computer.
Connecting a computer and using the SMART LCD
- First, connect your computer to the smart board using the provided VGA cable, USB cable, and audio cable.
- Turn on the display using the power button on the display or the remote.
- Select the "VGA" input if it has not already been selected.
- Make sure your computer is set to "Mirror" the image on its screen to the SMART board by doing the following:
- Right click anywhere on your desktop and choose "Screen Resolution." Make sure the display is set to "Mirror." If a second display is not connected, click "Detect."
To see how to use the tools available on the SMART LCD, please see the following video.