Operating Non-Touch Panel Controlled Classrooms
Many Smart classrooms on campus have yet to be upgraded to the touch panel style of room. Here is a tutorial on how to use the equipment in those rooms.
You will want to turn on the projector to start by pointing the projector remote at the projector and pressing the "ON" or "POWER" button. It may take a minute or two for the projector to warm up.
Next, make sure the receiver in the cabinet in turned on.
Sharing the Computer with the Class
To share what you are viewing on the computer, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the computer
- Press the "PC" button on the receiver
- Press the "Input 1" or "Computer 1" button on the projector remote
Sharing a DVD or VHS tape with the class
To share a DVD or VHS tape with the class, perform the following:
- Press "Power" on the DVD/VCR unit to turn it on
- Press the "VCR/DVD" button on the unit to select wither a DVD or VHS tape
- Press the "DVD/VCR" button on the receiver
- Press the "Video" button on the projector remote
Connecting your laptop
If you would like to share the audio and video from your laptop on the projector and speakers in the room, follow these simple steps:
- Connect the VGA cable at the top of the podium to your laptop.
- Most MacBooks require a separate video adapter for this.
- Plug the audio cable into your laptop.
- Press the "LAPT" or "Laptop" button on the stereo receiver.
- Finally, press input 2 on the video switcher that is inside of the cabinet
Shutting Down the Equipment
At the end of your class, please remember to turn off the projector and log off of the computer. You can turn off the projector by pointing the remote at the projector and pressing the "Standby" button twice.
Q: Why don't I hear any sound from my computer or DVD/VHS tape?
A: Make sure that you have:
- The correct input selected on the receiver
- The volume is turned up on the computer and the receiver
- The Speaker 1 button is depressed and the Speaker 2 button is not
Q: Why don't I see any video from my computer or DVD/VHS tape?
A: Make sure that:
- The projector is turned on
- You have selected Input 1 for the Computer or Video for a DVD/VHS tape
Q: What if I have 2 projectors in my classroom?
A: Operate the projectors using the same methods listed above. The only difference is that you will have to point the remote directly at each projector and execute the commands independently from each other.
If you would like to conserve chalkboard/whiteboard space, you can choose to turn on only 1 projector.
Return to Smart Classroom Tutorials and Training