Instructional Design Consultations
IDLT members are happy to meet with faculty at any stage during the course development process, including before, during, or after course implementation. At a consultation, participants discuss instructional design strategies, desired learning outcomes, communication plans, available tools, and other components of the course design, delivery, and assessment processes.
Following a consultation, IDLT members - who are also members of the Blackboard support team - will assist faculty and teaching staff at any step throughout course development and delivery. Schedule a consultation by submitting a request form.
IDLT members can provide support in person, by phone, video conference, or e-mail. Contact us at 618-650-5500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a meeting with instructional designers.
What to bring to a consultation
- Your questions and concerns
- Your course syllabus
What to expect from a consultation
- Detailed recommendations that address your specific concerns, including suggestions for:
- designing your course shell (e.g. navigation and layout)
- creating engaging assignments and measurable assessments
- planning communication strategies throughout your course
- making syllabus revisions that address instructional goals