At SIUE, students can enjoy the flexibility enrolling in both hybrid and online courses in addition to traditional face-to-face classes. This flexibility allows students to stay connected with SIUE's exemplary courses and instructors and to reach educational goals, even with a busy schedule.
However, online learning is not for everyone. A fully online student is expected to meet high standards of participation, including:
- Participating regularly in online activities
- Working with peers to complete projects
- Completing assignments on time
- Being self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Contributing ideas, perspectives, and comments to the course discussion
- Using critical thinking and decision making
- Thinking ideas through before responding
- Communicating clearly in writing
- Being polite and respectful
- "Speaking up" if problems arise
- Showing what you've learned
- Being open minded about sharing life, work, and educational experiences
Being a Successful Online Student - Find out what it takes and see if online learning is right for you.
Hybrid & Online Learning at SIUE - See how face-to-face classes compare to hybrid and online formats at SIUE.