EMS Enterprise is a software application used to schedule space and resources (catering, equipment, personnel). Departments currently using EMS Enterprise include:
- Campus Recreation
- Conferences and Institutes
- East St. Louis Higher Education Campus
- Office of Educational Outreach
- Information Technology Services
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Kimmel Leadership Center
- Kinesiology and Health Education
- Morris University Center Dining Services
- Morris University Center Event Services
- Morris University Center Audiovisual Services
- Morris University Center Recreation Center
- Music Department
- School of Engineering
- School of Pharmacy
- Shaw Sky Lab
- Student Success Center Tenants
- The Gardens at SIUE
- Theater and Dance (Dunham and Metcalf Theaters)
EMS Enterprise access is granted through one of two avenues:
- An EMS Client. The EMS client is installed on a user's computer. The EMS client includes a number of standard reports (confirmations, room cards, service orders, room utilization reports, invoices, etc.), and can be configured to calculate charges associated with an event from room rental, to personnel charges, to catering charges, etc. The university currently has a 20 concurrent user license for the EMS client.
- Virtual EMS. Virtual EMS is a web based application accessible via https://ems.siue.edu.
- " Unauthenticated" users may "Browse Facilities" to view information about room capacities, set up types, and features. In addition users can check potential availability of space when they "Browse for Space".
- " Authenticated" users are granted access to reserve specific space(s) based upon their being assigned to one or more templates. Depending upon the template, users may be able to either request space or to actually schedule it. Requests for space are reviewed by an EMS client user and processed, while scheduled items are not subject to further review by an EMS client user. All "authenticated" Virtual EMS users are required to attend training.