Your First Week at SIUE checklist
The following partial list of “things to do” is for new international students. These are business matters you’ll want to take care of before classes begin.
- Check in with the Office of International Affairs – Bring your passport, I-20/DS-2019 with you to complete your immigration check-in at SIUE
- Get I-94 Number Online and Print it – Go online to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Attend New International Student Orientation – View the Orientation Schedule.
- Set up your campus email account – Go online to siue.edu/e-id
- Update your local address – You are required to update your mailing and billing address, phone and email online through CougarNet as soon as possible. You must use a U.S. address for mailing and billing. Your immigration registration will not be complete until you have done so.
- Meet your Academic Adviser and enroll in classes
Graduate Students: contact your academic department for instructions
Undergraduate Students: contact the Academic Advising Office
- Pay your tuition and fees – Fees may be paid in full or in installments at the Office of the Bursar. If a Third Party is paying your account, submit your Financial Guarantee to the Bursar’s Office before the payment due dates, so classes do not get dropped.
- Get your student I.D. card at the Service Center
- Visit the SIUE Health Services – To submit your immunization record and any insurance waiver requests. The waiver period will be the first 10 days of each semester.
- Find Housing Accommodations – If you do not have permanent housing, visit the SIUE Housing or Off-Campus Housing options.
- Open a Bank Account
- Find the Local Bus Services – Check out the MCT website
- Find on campus jobs – Check out the Student Employment website