Your First Week at SIUE checklist
The following partial list of "things to do" is for new international students. These are business matters you'll want to take care of before classes begin.
- Check in with the Office of International Programs - Bring your passport, I-20/DS-2019 with you to complete your immigration check-in at SIUE
- Get I-94 Number Online and Print it - Go online to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov
- Attend New International Student Orientation - Fall 2014 Orientation Week Schedule
- Set up your campus email account - Go online to www.siue.edu/e-id
- Update your local address - You are required to update your mailing and billing address, phone and email online through CougarNet as soon as possible. You must use a U.S. address for mailing and billing. Your immigration registration will not be complete until you have done so.
- Meet your Academic Adviser and enroll in classes
Graduate Students: contact your academic department for instructions
Undergraduate Students: contact the Academic Advising Office
- Pay your tuition and fees - Fees may be paid in full or in installments at the Office of the Bursar or at the Service Center.
- Get your student I.D. card at the Service Center
- Visit the SIUE Health Services - To submit your immunization record.
- Find Housing Accommodations - If you do not have permanent housing, visit the SIUE Housing or Off-Campus Housing options.
- Open a Bank Account
- Find the Local Bus Services - Check out the MCT website
- Find on campus jobs - Check out the Student Employment website