Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE

Institutional Header

Changing Your Visa Status

An individual's nonimmigrant status must correlate to the purpose of his/her stay in the U.S. A change of status may be necessary when the purpose of the visit have changed. For example, a person may enter the U.S. on an F-2 visa and then later decide to change to a F-1 visa to pursue a degree at SIUE.

Changing nonimmigrant status can be a complicated process. The timing of the change is critical and must be done without falling out of status during the transition. Please make an appointment to speak to an international student advisor regarding your change of status application.

Below are the instruction on the different types of changes to your nonimmigrant status:

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff tumblroff socialoff