Directions for Applying for SSN
- Take bus 17 from SIUE to Edwardsville Station.
- Take bus 7 from Edwardsville Station to Wood River
- Take bus 1 from Wood River to Belle Street (Social Security office). Tell the driver you want to be dropped off close to the Social Security Office.
- To return use the same route (bus 1, bus 7, bus 17)
To view bus schedule visit: www.mct.org
Social Security Office:
- Address: Room 103 Federal Bldg., 501 Belle St., Alton, IL 62002
- Phone: 1-(855)-285-6006
- Fax: 1-(618)-463-6591
- Hours: Mon-Tue 9am-3pm / Wed 9am-12pm / Thur-Fri 9am-3pm
- Directions: Located in downtown Alton in the Federal Building at 5th and Belle Streets, five blocks north of the Alton Belle Casino boat on US 67 (Piasa Street)
Documents Needed - Check list :
Remember - Check list :
- Get a receipt from the Social Security Office
- Present receipt to your employer
- You will be eligible to work at that point for 30 days before your SS card comes in.
- On your application, enter the International Student Services office's address.* We will notify you by e-mail when we receive the card.
*ISS Office Address:
International Student Services
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1616