Interdisciplinary Research and Informatics Scholarship
The IRIS Center at SIUE is an interdisciplinary facility designed to support individual and collaborative scholarship (at faculty and student levels) that applies digital content as a primary methodology.
The IRIS Center mission is to:
- facilitate cross-disciplinary and collaborative projects that involve applications, enhancements and re-conceptualizations of computing and information technology in the humanities and social sciences
- support these projects via access to physical facilities and human resources
- foster active mentorship and collaboration between faculty and students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- encourage the development of curricular innovation that makes significant use of digital and informatics applications and resources
- promote digital endeavors that intersect with community initiatives and organizations
The IRIS Center is located in Peck Hall 0226.