International Admissions Checklist for Dual Degree Students from
Istanbul Technical University (ITU)
- Complete an Online Undergraduate International Application (http://www.siue.edu/internationalstudents/online-application.shtml)
- An Application Fee is not required for ITU dual degree students
- Academic Credentials - 1st semester ITU transcripts with grades should be mailed to SIUE by January 31st, 2013. Bring originals of all ITU transcripts when you arrive to SIUE for Fall 2013. (SIUE Address: Attn: Shauna Lehman, SIUE Office of Graduate and International Admissions, Campus Box 1047, Edwardsville, IL 62026-1047 )
- A copy of your passport Photo and Expiration Page or a Birth Certificate
- Official TOEFL or IELTS sent directly from the testing agency. (Test date must be within two years from the term that we process your application. Minimum scores: 79-80 on IB-TOEFL, 550 on PB-TOEFL , 6.5 Overall Band on IELTS)
- International Student Financial Form – You and the sponsor(s) must sign this form. The bank statement must reflect a minimum amount of $26,042 (http://www.siue.edu/iss/prospective/pdf/International_Student_Financial_Form.pdf)
- The Financial/bank statement - The bank statement(s) must reflect the amount of funds provided by the sponsor, bear the original signature of a representative of the bank or financial institution and it must be dated within 90 days from the date it is received by our office. Proof of financial support must be received and approved before an I-20 will be issued.
- Housing Application– must be completed by February 15th, 2013. A non-refundable $300 deposit is due with the application. You can complete a housing application online. (https://cas.isg.siue.edu:8443/itscas/login?service=https://hsgapp.isg.siue.edu/Login2.asp)
- Contact your Academic Advisor to register for Classes- Alpona Simmons, Academic Advisor in the School of Engineering. Please contact her by email at email@example.com to register for classes once you have been admitted.
- Ideal Arrival Dates for Fall 2013 semester - Aug 9- 11, 2013
- International Student Arrival Information - Once you have booked your flight to SIUE; please contact Dr. Cem Karacal at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrival arrangements.
- Your First Week at SIUE checklist - (http://www.siue.edu/iss/first-week-checklist.shtml )
- Health Insurance- All F-1 International Students are required to have SIUE health insurance. Health insurance charge is automatically added to your student bill.
- I-20s - All I-20s will be mailed to ITU.