Welcome to the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion web site. At SIUE, the Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for the following:
- The development, implementation, and management of a University-wide Diversity Program, including elements of cultural and social diversity, civility, ethics, and collective responsibility.
- The oversight and implementation of the We Are One University Diversity Plan.
- In coordination with academic units, the Faculty Recruitment and Retention Program, including specific diversity initiatives to recruit and retain underrepresented groups.
- New Faculty Orientation.
- LGBT Safe Zone Program.
- Responsible for Mentoring Programs including New and Non-Tenure Track Faculty Orientations, Faculty Peer Mentoring, and Faculty Mentoring Student Athletes.
- Goal Related position review and approval in conjunction with the Assistant Chancellor for Institutional Compliance.
- Serve as the Provost's liaison to University Committees such as Black Heritage, MLK, Honorary Degree and Distinguish Service Award Committee, University Fellowship and Scholarship Committee and Charter High School Advisory Committee.
- Community Relations to organizations serving underserved population such as, Department of Children and Family Services. Serve on the Community Relations Board of the Federal Prisons-Greenville.
It is our hope that this web site will answer most--if not all--of your questions. Please explore this web site and review the many opportunities that are available to our University community.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Venessa A. Brown
Associate Provost for Institutional Diversity and Inclusion
Professor, Social Work
Room 3116, Rendleman Hall
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1020