SIUE New REALITY Project
In September 2013, Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Ann Boyle initiated conversations with SIUE faculty and staff regarding the changing landscape of higher education and how these challenges may affect SIUE. These conversations were initiated after Provost Boyle and other members of the SIUE team completed the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ (AASCU) Leadership Summit, “Designing Learning Environments for the 21st Century” http://www.aascu.org/meetings/leadershipsummit13/
. The summit was part of AASCU’s Red Balloon Project http://www.aascu.org/programs/RedBalloonProject/
SIUE’s New REALITY (Re-imagining Excellence in Academics and Learning through Innovation, Technology, and You) Project Team will work to address these challenges. We invite you to be part of our on-going conversations and change efforts. We are forming the following work-teams:
- Expanding enrollment and reaching new student populations
- Retaining our students and improving our graduation rates
- Designing competency-based and prior learning assessments while ensuring quality
- Retooling our processes (e.g. admissions, registration, curricular reform, etc.) for speed and adaptability
- Enhancing and reinvigorating experiential learning throughout the curriculum and co-curricular activities
- Developing international programming and improving campus support for international students
- e-learning initiatives (this team will have a variety of sub-committees addressing the strategic development of online courses and programs)
- Innovating our pedagogies to support student learning and academic quality - enhancing learning in face-to-face settings
- Innovating our pedagogies to support student learning and academic quality - enhancing learning in online, hybrid, and blended formats
Please register for a work-team using the following link: https://siue.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8oVX2OzeJbjXOWp.
For this work to be successful, we need broad participation. We will be developing a more comprehensive website in the coming weeks. In the meantime, if you have questions or comments, please feel free to contact Denise Cobb, Assistant Provost for Academic Innovation and Effectiveness (email@example.com).