Local Family Activities
Employees and their families can partake in the many family activities in SIUE’s neighboring communities. Here are some fun local activities your child will enjoy:
- The Children’s Museum, right here in Edwardsville, includes exhibits that stimulate learning and experiences in different fields.
- Triangle H Farm provides family horseback riding and lessons in Edwardsville.
- Watershed Nature Center nature walk takes you through the preserved wetland, prairie, and forest areas in Edwardsville.
- Alton Museum of History and Art features exhibits of the Alton Giant, the Piasa bird, and Alton in the Civil War.
- City Museum is funhouse attraction in St. Louis that the whole family will enjoy.
- Eckert’s Farm in Belleville features a country store, garden center, and apple and peach orchards.
- Edwardsville YMCA — Two centers serve the Edwardsville area, providing many options for fitness and fun, including many family activities.
- Gateway Arch — Travel to the top of the nation’s tallest monument.
- Benjamin Stephenson House in Edwardsville, built in 1829, highlights the architecture and cultural developments of the era.
- Historic Wildey Theatre in downtown Edwardsville has been renovated and now features classic movies and live entertainment.
- Raging Rivers Water Park in Grafton, Illinois, features summer fun for the whole family and offers discounted tickets for university employees.
- Six Flags St. Louis offers many rides and other fun for all ages; discounted tickets are available to university employees.
- The Magic House interactive children’s museum in St. Louis showcases many learning and discovery exhibits.
- St. Louis Science Center features exhibits aimed to enhance learning and discovery.
- St. Louis Zoo — Parenting Magazine calls it one of the best in the nation; admission is free.