Local Family Activities
Employees and their families can partake in the many family activities in SIUE's neighboring communities. Here are some fun local activities your child will enjoy:
- The Children's Museum, right here in Edwardsville, includes exhibits that stimulate learning and experiences in different fields.
- The Butterfly House is located in Chesterfield, MO, visit the beautiful tropical conservatory and butterfly garden to learn all about insects, butterflies, and plants. See the event calendar.
- Cougar Lake Pool at SIUE
The City of Edwardsville and Glen Carbon have joined this summer to lease the Cougar Lake Pool at SIUE. More info on Facebook at:
Edwardsville Glen Carbon Community Pool https://www.facebook.com/EdwardsvilleParksAndRec/
- Triangle H Farm provides family horseback riding and lessons in Edwardsville.
- Watershed Nature Center nature walk takes you through the preserved wetland, prairie, and forest areas in Edwardsville.
- Alton Museum of History and Art features exhibits of the Alton Giant, the Piasa bird, and Alton in the Civil War.
- City Museum is funhouse attraction in St. Louis that the whole family will enjoy.
- Eckert's Farm in Belleville features a country store, garden center, and apple and peach orchards.
- Edison's Entertainment complex located in Edwardsville, offers fun for the whole family bowling, laser tag, arcade, and food.
- Edwardsville YMCA - Two centers serve the Edwardsville area, providing many options for fitness and fun, including many family activities.
- Gateway Arch - Travel to the top of the nation's tallest monument.
- The Little Gym is a children’s gym that offers activities for kids such as dance, gymnastics, sports skills and parent child classes.
- Monkey Joe's features fun for all ages jumping, bouncing, and sliding.
- Benjamin Stephenson House in Edwardsville, built in 1829, highlights the architecture and cultural developments of the era.
- Historic Wildey Theatre in downtown Edwardsville has been renovated and now features classic movies and live entertainment.
- Pottery Hollow Painting in the Edwardsville is family friendly. You can create your own magic painting pottery in a fun, whimsical setting.
- Raging Rivers Water Park in Grafton, Illinois, features summer fun for the whole family and offers discounted tickets for university employees.
- Six Flags St. Louis offers many rides and other fun for all ages; discounted tickets are available to university employees.
- The Magic House interactive children's museum in St. Louis showcases many learning and discovery exhibits.
- St. Louis Science Center features exhibits aimed to enhance learning and discovery.
- St. Louis Zoo - Parenting Magazine calls it one of the best in the nation; admission is free.