The following is a current Civil Service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. Applicants compete by examination. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete and submit a Civil Service application and resume to the Office of Human Resources. Examination appointments are required. Note: Some positions may be represented by a union and may require union dues.
DISHROOM SUPERVISOR - FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Description: Under direct supervision from a designated supervisor, F.S. Administrator II, to perform supervisory duties in connection with a dishroom and/or a pots-and-pans washing area.
Responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
• assisting in the training and scheduling of dishroom and/or pots-and pans washing area
• supervising dishroom and/or pots-and-pans washing area employees and kitchen employees as assigned
• supervising and participating in scraping and washing dishes, silver, pots, pans and other kitchen utensils
• supervising and participating in cleaning garbage cans and disposing of garbage
• supervising and participating in scouring and cleaning tables, kitchen equipment and fixtures in the kitchen area
• supervising and participating in washing, mopping and scrubbing floors and washing walls
(as required in accordance with local understandings) in kitchen and serving areas
The Dishroom Supervisor may be assigned other related tasks in support of the department's mission and goals.
1. Two years of clean-up experience in a food service unit in an institutional or comparable sized food service facility.
Personal Attributes Needed to Undertake Job:
• Supervisory ability
• Ability to pass food handlers examination
• Knowledge of sanitation practices and procedures
• Possession of Illinois Department of Public Health Food Service Management Sanitation Certificate.
Starting Salary: $13.46 per hour
Application Deadline: June 13, 2013
Residency: Illinois residency required.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Qualified applicants must submit a Civil Service application
http://www.siue.edu/humanresources/forms/pdf/APPLICATION_FOR_CIVIL_SERVICE_EMPLOYMENT.doc (required) and resume to:
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Or email your Civil Service application (required) and resume to: email@example.com.
Only one Civil Service application is required to be completed per year. Please use only one application to apply for multiple positions. The Office of Human Resources will not contact applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications listed. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteran's preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteran's status in violation of Title VII.
The SIUE Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://www.siue.edu/securityreport. The report contains campus safety and security information, crime statistics, fire safety policies, and fire statistics for the previous three calendar years. This report is published in compliance with Federal law, titled the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" and the Higher Education Opportunity Act also known as the "Campus Fire Safety Right to Know." For those without computer access, a paper copy of the report may be obtained, with a 24-hour notice, from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration, Rendleman Hall, Room 2228, 618-650-2536.