Faculty Hiring Process Forms
The following forms are to be completed for all new faculty.
Faculty who are rehired will need to sign a new Faculty Appointment Approval form and complete any one of the other forms requiring updated information .
All forms must be completed consistently with the employee's full legal name (as shown on Social Security card)
- Applicant Data Collection Form (Prior to offering position to final applicant(s) for a credential/resume check)
- This form should be completed for rehired employees when the information on the original form must be updated, including the question near the end of the form regarding criminal activity.
- Authorization for Release of Information (Effective April 1, 2012 prior to offering position to final applicant(s) for a credential/resume check, criminal background check, fingerprint background check, sex offender check, and/or credit check)
- Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status Form (instructions forthcoming as of 8/30/2012)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification New employees arrive, in person, to the Office of Human Resources, Rendleman Hall, Room 3210, to complete the I-9 form, or new employees may arrive, in person, to meet with one of the authorized individuals in their respective dean's office. The I-9 form must be completed by, but no later than, the close of business on the first day in pay status. The hiring department is responsible for sending the employee to the Office of Human Resources with a memorandum indicating the start date and end date of employment. In addition, the department should provide the new employee with the List of Acceptable Documents needed to complete the form. New employees failing to follow this procedure CANNOT be placed on pay status.
- Employees hired after a "break in service" must complete a new I-9 form. A break in pay status or contract status constitutes a "break in service". There are only two exceptions to this rule: 1) Tenured track faculty members who do not teach during the Summer semester. 2) Regular (union) employees who return from a layoff period.
- Non Resident Alien Tax Status Information & Form Instructions NRA employees, student workers, and graduate assistants must complete this form, attach required copies and submit them to the Payroll office so that SIUE may determine their proper tax status and whether treaty benefits are available. NRA employees, student workers, and graduate assistants will then be contacted by Payroll to complete the required tax forms. Employees being brought in to SIUE employment with an H1B visa do not need to complete this form. Note - this form is additional information needed to assist the NRA employee, student worker, and graduate assistant in completion of their required W-4. It is not necessary to send with offer letters and may be completed prior to their first date of employment. Please contact the Payroll department with further questions.
- Faculty Appointment Approval Form
- Employee & Graduate Assistant Data Collection & Data Change Form & Definitions of Racial and Ethnic Categories Changes to contact information and marital status should be submitted on this form. Changes in name and tax withholding must be made on W-4 cards (social security card must also be presented for a name change).
- Employees who are rehired will need to submit a new form if data on the form currently on file is not up to date.
- Educational Loan Default Statement This state required statement needs to be filed with the initial appointment papers.
- Ethics Training Ethics training is completed annually; this form is required if the employee has not already trained during the current fiscal year.
- Official Transcript
An official degree-bearing transcript for the highest earned degree must be sent to the hiring unit or to the Office of Human Resources directly from the institution granting the degree. The Board of Trustees requires that an official transcript be a part of the personnel file when a degree is a requirement of the position. Transcripts "Issued to Student" cannot be accepted.
- Oral English Proficiency Certification This state required document needs to be filed with the initial appointment papers of employees who are hired to teach credit courses.
- Waiver of Payment For adjuncts who wish to waive honorarium payment.
- W-4: Federal Withholding & State Withholding Required for all new appointments or when there has been a break in service of 12 months or more. It is also necessary to complete new W-4s in order to change the employee's name of record (together with a new social security card). Changes in federal and state tax withholdings also require completion of new W-4 cards. Address changes can also be made by submitting the new address on W-4 cards.
- Employees who are rehired after a break in service at SIUE of 12 months or more must complete new W-4 cards.
- Direct Deposit Authorization & Form Instructions This option remains in effect until revoked by the employee. Employees who do not elect for direct deposit of funds will receive their paycheck by mail at their personal mailing or permanent address.
- Salary Deferral Authorization Form For employees with 9, 10, and 11 month contracts who wish to defer their pay. Please refer to the Salary Deferral Election Guidelines prior to completing this form.
- Social Security Coverage Statement This form does not have to be completed by faculty who have a contract for an appointment period of less than 4 months.
- Statement of Applicant's SURS Annuity Status The Illinois General Assembly enacted a "Return to Work" law, 40 ILCS 5/15-139.5, effective August 1, 2013, requiring state universities to ascertain the retirement status of current and prospective employees as related to coverage by the State Universities Retirement System (SURS). SIUE complies with the "Return to Work" law by requiring applicants to complete this form.