UHTV-21 has been moved to UHTV-22 as part of a recent upgrade. You can find the new channel lineup below.
Click here to request a movie.
Have an ad request for UHTV-22? It's a free service for the campus community. Click here for the ad request form.
If you are having problems with your cable service, submit a Maintenance Request to University Housing Facilities Management.
How to set up your TV in University Housing
University Housing provides high-quality, digital TV service to all housing residents. Only TVs with a digital QAM tuner will be able to view the digital lineup. Most QAM tuner TVs have a "Channel Search" or "Auto Program" function that will automatically scan the incoming signals and detect the ones that are available. It may be necessary to do a channel search before your TV will allow you to tune to a specific channel. Complete the following steps:
Problems with UHTV-22
If you experience a problem with UHTV-22, please try troubleshooting the problem to see if you can fix before you submit a Maintenance Request with your concern.
• Make sure your cable wires are of good quality and hooked squarely and tight against the wall and on the television.
• Unhook video game players before watching UHTV-21.
• Run your television through your VCR, which has its own tuner.
• Try unhooking your TV from your VCR to see if that makes a difference in your picture.
• Purchase a “ghost buster” from an electrical supply store. This will shield your cable coupling more completely.
• If you are only receiving up to channel 13, please check your programming and make sure your television is set to “cable” and not “antenna”.
• Outlets are meant for one television. If you are using a splitter and experiencing fuzzy channels, try unhooking your splitter and attach the cable from the wall directly into your television.
After troubleshooting, if you are still having problems with UHTV-22, please submit a Maintenance Request via www.siue.edu/housing. Give complete information, including your name, location, phone number, and availability for repairs to be made