Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
University Housing
Housing Header


Insurance Resources

Not sure how to go about purchasing renter’s insurance? Questions such as, “Where should I look?” and, “How much does it cost?” probably pop into your mind. Below are some options for you.

One option is to look into your parents’ homeowners policy. If you are claimed as a dependent, this might be the right choice for you. Make sure to check with your parents to find out what the amount of coverage is.

Also check out National Student Services, Inc. is a company that offers personal property insurance that not only covers you at school, but also when you are back home. This information was included in your check-in packet. Additional copies of their brochure may also be found at your Residence Hall front desk and/or the Commons desk. (This does not constitute an endorsement by University Housing, nor does University Housing or SIUE benefit in anyway from the sale of any of NSSI’s policies.)

In addition, check into some local insurance companies. If you aren’t sure whom to ask, talk to your friends, teachers, and advisers. They might be able to recommend a company or agent they have had success with in the past.

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff tumblroff socialoff