What We CAN Recycle
- Paper (all colors and types, except greenbar computer, construction, and glossy), including Post-It Notes
- Corrugated Cardboard and cardboard backing from note pads
- Newspaper, Loose-leaf paper, Junk Mail, Cereal or Food Boxes, including Pizza and Donut boxes. Please make sure there is no food waste on them.
- Phone Books/Catalogs
- Greenbar computer and Construction Paper, Manila file folders
- Reports, Pamphlets that have been glued and/or contain glossy images
- Glass Bottles/Aluminum, Tin, & Steel Cans
- #1 and #2 Recyclable Plastic Containers
- Plastic bags/sacks (i.e.from the grocery store or discount stores – NOT garbage bags)
What we CANNOT Recycle
- Clothes or Toys (please take them to Goodwill or the Salvation Army to recycle)
- Rugs or Textiles of any kind
- Styrofoam (egg cartons, food containers)/Trash
Recycling Bin Location
Residence Halls - Recycling bins are located on the landing of each floor, the computer lab, the front lobby, and the administrative offices.
Cougar Village - Recycling stations are located in lots 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 5F, 5H, 5I, Bus Stops Kids and 4F, and the Commons. Please take your recycling to these stations and separate recycling as directed.
- PLEASE RINSE all food and drink containers
- Remove plastic caps and rings from drink bottles, They are a different grade of plastic and when melted with the bottle makes an impure product
- Paper grocery bags - please put your other paper inside the bags to recycle